- 1 Student Course review
- 2 Options for study
- 3 About this course
- 4 Homestudy/Online
- 5 Personalized Tuition
- 6 Contact
- 7 Accommodation
Student Course review
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the course and how much both I and my clients are loving hot stone therapy. One of them said that it was the best massage she’d ever had! Thank you for your teachings and I look forward to being your student again sometime in the near future.-Nicolette
Options for study
About this course
Why it is unique to CSSM
This Therapeutic Polynesian Hot Stone massage is only being taught at Central Springs School of Massage.
You will learn how to incorporate a through and extensive hot stone massage and the skills to include aromatherapy cold stones and sea shell massage if you want to do so.
Having extensively studied Polynesian Healing systems we offer a unique Hot Stone course.Polynesian Katamasi Kata–Hot Masi Massage .Ancient cultures were fully present to the healing life force of Mother Nature. The Polynesians used the earth’s richness of stones, sea crystals and plants to assist healing on a physical, emotional and spiritual level.
In this course we learn ways ways of incorporating essential oils, shells and cool stones into our hot Stone massage when we think it is appropriate and will serve clients needs.
We also work with intention and pray and the 7 huna principles part of Hawaiian shamans healing traditions.
- We use a 54 set of volcanic basalt stones to provide different placement stones for both prone and supine body positioning and for specific injury or illness.
- Polynesian massage techniques use different size and shaped stones for flowing massage, remedial and deep tissue work.
- To incorporate the healing properties of plants we drop essential oils along the spine and then place the hot stones. This has a profound calming influence on central nervous system helping to reduce pain and release muscle tension.
- The qualities and properties of seas shells and different layout placements will be demonstrated .
- Cold quartz stones and their properties will also be introduced.
- We also work with intention and pray and the 7 huna principles which is so important to Hawaiian shamans in their healing work .
The Hot Stone Course you are studying comes combining from my knowledge of Polynesian Hot Stone, Katamasi and Hawaiian Illi illi Hot Stones along with my studies of Hawaiian Massage in Hawaii and Australia. Additionally some information comes from my studies of Ayurveda Sacred Stone Massage. I give thanks to my many teachers and students who have contributed to my greater understanding of this beautiful sacred massage therapy. Aloha!
(Katamasi) utilizes long flowing strokes as well as specific placements of heated stones to aid circulation, digestion, decrease muscular spasm and pain, softens tissue, boost immune system and lymphatic system.The deep penetrating heat of the stones prepares the body for deeper work relieving pain and cleansing the body.
Hot Stone Massage Therapy creates a profound healing that enables the body to enter a deep state of relaxation. It is more than just a massage, this treatment often promotes and accelerates emotional healing, as the whole body is finally able to “let go” allowing people to reconnect to their inner strength.
What you will learn
- One and half hour Polynesian Hot Stone Massage
- Types, shape, and usage of a 54 Spa set of volcanic basalt stones
- Learn what stones to use for stationary placement and what stones to use for different massage strokes
- How to use basalt stones for deep tissue work,relaxation and remedial work
- How to use the different shape and sizes of the works to enhance your strokes
- Placement of stones under and on body for Remedial, Therapeutic and Relaxation massage
- How to adapt hot stone therapy to your style of massage
- Tools and equipment needed
- How to look after stones-clean and heat
- Contraindications, work place health and safety, safe use of stones and equipment
- What Essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of hot stone massage for lymphatic drainage, relaxation and hormonal balancing.
- Feathering technique unique to CSSM for deep penetration of essential oils to aid in healing nervous, lymphatic, muscle and skeletal systems..
- Different ways of including essential oils in your practice
- Contra indication and benefits and qualities of essential oils
- When to use cold stones will be discussed.
- The placement and qualities of different of sea shells(sea Crystal) to combine in massage.
- The 7 Hawaiian shamanic huna principles
- Working with pray, energy and intention
- Working with the 4 elements: Fire earth, water ,air
- And much more
On completion of the course you will have an extensive and thorough knowledge of lots of different ways to massage with stones and stationary placement of the stones on and under the body.
You will love the organic nature of the stones, and the magic they work on contracted muscles taking the client to an amazing deep level of relaxation. A very powerful massage with the stones doing the work for the practitioner.
Who this course is for
- Massage/Beauty Therapist wanting to learn further techniques.
- Massage/Beauty Therapist students wanting to learn more skills to gain employment and or increase income .
- Therapist wanting to gain CPE points
- People wanting to get insurance and or join Massage association
- Health professionals and holistic healers wanting to learn complimentary therapies .
- Approved for CPE points and professional liability insurance and to join Massage association.
54 Spa set of volcanic basalt rocks for sale
$295 and are large set of varying shapes and sizes.
Rocks are in organic state unpolished and range from large to small. The organic nature of rocks allows their natural electro magnetic force to penetrate the body and assist healing. Sets include placement and massage rocks of varying sizes and shapes. The set weighs between 14-16kg.
Basalt volcanic stones .are over 28 million years old and have been tossed by the ocean for many million years.
Each set is individually chosen and color coded so you can easily recognize and learn the different types. It is the many different shapes and sizes of the rocks that enable therapists to work deeply and gracefully into the muscles . This is not achieved with polished uniform stones.
My suggestion is you do course first before purchasing rocks so you can make informed decisions as to what set of rocks will suit your style of massage etc.
The stones are available at $295 plus postage
I have had an amazing time and such a learning curve doing your home study course in hot stones. I found your instructional dvd on the massage to be such a great learning tool. Not only has my little business grown from adding this therapy but my confidence in what I can achieve in helping my clients has as well. I am receiving fantastic feedback every time I do this beautiful therapy… Just love seeing clients leave rejuvenated and relaxed. Thank you for your time. Regards Pauline Hatchman
The home study course was fantastic, study manuals were thorough and easy to learn from. The DVD was fabulous, it was if you were in a class environment with the added bonus of being able to pause to revise and re-practice. Excellent…. Julie May 2018
- 20 hours approved for CPE points with Massage Associations and to add to insurance.
- Approved for Professional Liability insurance.
- Approved to purchase Professional Liability insurance with the IICT as stand alone treatment
Hot stone instructional video 2 hours running time
E- Manual- extensive PDF Theory and techniques
E-manual- PDF assessment requirements
E-Manual essential oils for Hot stone massage
Click here for hot stone homestudy outline hot-stone-homestudy-outline-1 (2) for PDF course outline and syllabus, showing you how it is set out and assessed..
Spa Set of Volcanic basalt rocks also available at $295 plus postage. Weigh up to 16 kg. Please click here to see photo of a stone set.
You receive labelled photo of rocks and they are colour coded to assist you learning what the different shape and sizes are. Please email for more information on Spa set and I can provide a quote from Aust Post when you supply postcode.
Purchase Homestudy files
Pay securely online and download the homestudy files for this course immediately.
Personalized training is limited to 1-2 persons and time and dates are negotiable to suit all.
In personalized training 1 days is sufficient.
Also professional video is available to buy on day for $50 for further studies and revision.
The video has step by step instructions of all material covered on practical course and more- Cold stones and sea shells. We create flexible study plans to meet your needs.
Please phone to negotiate a suitable time.
$450 for personalized tuition
Instructional DVD/Video or MP4 to download $50
Delivery and Materials
- The course is a hands on with lots of practice so when you leave you will confidently be able to give an 1½ hour Hot Stone massage using the equipment safely and skillfully in your own clinic. This always means you receive a treatments on the course.
- During the course you get to use a set of 54 rockslearning the function and usage of all the different sizes for massage and placement.
- Instructional video includes demonstration of hot stone massage, how to use essential oils, cold stones and seashells. Running time 2 hrs price $50
Enrollment and Payment
Please enquire first to arrange a mutually convenient time for your tuition.
Excellent stress free I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the music, connecting to my love of rocks. Good flow to all procedures, well explained. I have done all your courses now. Thank you. Lisa.
Hot stones is a fantastic technique, is a beautiful massage to have and to do. I will definitely be recommending others to train here. Merran.
Didn’t know playing with rocks could be so much fun would recommend anyone to this course. A great modality, the best. Joy.
With a good teacher the techniques were very easy to learn and very enjoyable. I had great fun forging new friendships and learning new skills. Teresa.
Thanks for taking time to explain moves in demonstrations and assisting if required . Course kept to timelines and participants focused and centred on client- thanks for being there for us. Pamela.
I learnt the techniques in such an easy way, very reassuring, nothing threatening. Loved the teaching, lots of hands on. Will come back for more. Very warm energy and a beautiful country experience. Kerri.
- Email CSSM for more details or phone 0407 645 764 to discuss your options and what you want to achieve from your studies.
For more information, email email@example.com or ph 0407 645 764
For more info re accommodation options Click here