Student course review
The course was delivered in an inspirational, kind and witty way without any loss of professionalism and eye for detail. Positive energy and love were generated and I learnt so much beyond my expectations. I left knowing I can now do full body massage and the DVD is excellent.!!! Thank you Kaye for your very special teachings and patience with me. Looking forward to doing more of your courses -Lindy
Options for study
About this modality
Relaxation massage helps relax and lengthen muscles, loosen stiff joints, improve circulation and lymphatic drainage
and helps with pain reduction, stress relief and clear emotional and energetic blockages.
Western massage techniques were popularised by the work of Pehr Henrich Ling and Dr. Johann Mezger in the 19th century, who developed systematic massage methods and encouraged the use of massage as a medical treatment
You will learn a full body relaxation massage. Techniques covered relaxation strokes, deep tissue, lymphatic drainage, energy balancing and what essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage. Contraindications of massage and benefits of massage what oils to use and draping for client safety.
The founder and director of Central Springs School of Massage holds a Diploma in Remedial Massage and has taught Nationally Accredited Certificate 1V in Relaxation/ Therapeutic Massage as well as Body work in International and National Day Spas
A professionally produced DVD is available so your learning continues long after you have left the classroom.
What you will learn
- Massage Sequences
- Back Massage
- Back of Leg Massage
- Front Massage
- Front of Legs Massage
- Arm Massage
- Neck Massage
- Face Massage
- Foot Massage
- Hand Techniques
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Energy balancing
- Levels of Massage Pressure
- Deep tissue and Relaxation Strokes
- Techniques for Muscle Release and Relaxation
- Many Different Massage Strokes
- Positioning of Client
- Posture of Massage Therapist
- Contraindications and Hygiene
- Communication for the Massage Therapist
- Timings of Sequences for performing Professional Massage
- What to charge clients and tools to assist starting your business
- Will be able to perform 1 hour and or 11/2 hour full body massage with confidence
- What essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage
- Feathering technique unique to CSSM for deep penetration of essential oils to aid in healing nervous, lymphatic, muscle and skeletal systems..
- 10 Essential oils benefits and contraindications
- Instructional professionally produced DVD available for purchase $50 so you have an excellent revision and refinement of techniques after completion of course.
Who this course is for
- People wanting to get insurance and join Massage Association
- Anybody wanting to become a Professional Massage Therapist
- Massage Therapists and Beauty Therapists wanting to expand skill base and learn new and exciting techniques.
- Health care professional wanting to learn complimentary therapies.
- Lay person wanting to learn massage skills for family and friends.
- Therapist wanting to gain CPE points.
- Approved 60 hours CPE points with Massage associations
- Approved to purchase Professional Liability insurance with the IICT and MAA
- You will gain double bonus certificate for Relaxation/Therapeutic and Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage
- A comprehensive professionally produced video is a supplied with all strokes clearly demonstrated.
- Instructional DVD covers all strokes and draping for 1hour Relaxation / Therapeutic massage sequence and Heartworks Lomi strokes for full body 1 1/2 hour massage, and demonstration of 2 practitioners on one recipient
- E-manuals with Massage Theory
- E-manual Contra-indications
- E-manual for techniques and companion guide to DVD
- E-manual essential oils – how to use essential oils safely in a relaxation massage. 10 oils benefits and contra-indications
Summary of requirements for 60 hours study relax for PDF course outline and syllabus, also showing you how it is set out and assessed
Purchase Homestudy files
Pay securely online via direct debit or paypal
Direct debit 24 hours to get material quicker if you send receipt through
Paypal immediately get all materials
Personalized Tuition plus Homestudy
Personalized training is limited to 1-2 persons and time and dates are negotiable to suit all.
Delivery and Materials
- 60 hours training to gain Approved Certificate to get insurance and join massage association.
- Includes- 2 days hands on practical training plus theory and further practice via home study.
- On tuition days their will be an emphasis on practical massage receiving and giving the demonstrated techniques.
- Fun revision exercises for all massage sequences learnt as well as personal and spiritual development exercises.
- You will receive e -manuals on theory on of massage, assessment requirements, essential oils
- A comprehensive professionally produced video is given to you with all strokes clearly demonstrated.
- E manual companion to Video with strokes, exercises and suggestions for ongoing learning .
- Instructional Video provided as DVD or MP4 download as ongoing learning tool covering all techniques learnt.
- If you have no massage experience then 2 days is highly recommended.
- We create flexible study plans to meet your needs
Central Springs School of Massage, close to both Castlemaine and Daylesford
One day personalized tuition with homestudy $895
Two days personalized tuition with homestudy $1295
Enrollment and Payment
Please enquire first to arrange a mutually convenient time for your tuition.
- Email CSSM for more details or phone 0407 645 764 to discuss your options and what you want to achieve from your studies.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ph 0407 645 764
For more info re accommodation options Click here