1. About this course
The course was delivered in an inspirational, kind and witty way without any loss of professionalism and eye for detail. Positive energy and love were generated and I learnt so much in 3 days beyond my expectations. I left knowing I can now do full body massage and the DVD is excellent.!!! Thank you Kaye for your very special teachings and patience with us all. Looking forward to doing more of your courses -Lindy
Relaxation massage helps relax and lengthen muscles, loosen stiff joints, improve circulation and lymphatic drainage
and helps with pain reduction, stress relief and clear emotional and energetic blockages.
Western massage techniques were popularised by the work of Pehr Henrich Ling and Dr. Johann Mezger in the 19th century, who developed systematic massage methods and encouraged the use of massage as a medical treatment
You will learn a full body relaxation massage. Techniques covered relaxation strokes, deep tissue, lymphatic drainage, energy balancing and what essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage. Contraindications of massage and benefits of massage what oils to use and draping for client safety.
The founder and director of Central Springs School of Massage holds a Diploma in Remedial Massage and has taught Nationally Accredited Certificate 1V in Relaxation/ Therapeutic Massage as well as Body work in International and National Day Spas
2. What you will learn
2.1. Subject Topics
- Massage Sequences
- Back Massage
- Back of Leg Massage
- Front Massage
- Front of Legs Massage
- Arm Massage
- Neck Massage
- Face Massage
- Foot Massage
- Hand Techniques
- Lymphatic Drainage
- Energy balancing
- Levels of Massage Pressure
- Deep tissue and Relaxation Strokes
- Techniques for Muscle Release and Relaxation
- Many Different Massage Strokes
- Positioning of Client
- Posture of Massage Therapist
- Contraindications and Hygiene
- Communication for the Massage Therapist
- Timings of Sequences for performing Professional Massage
- What to charge clients and tools to assist starting your business
- Will be able to perform 1hour and or 11/2 hour full body massage with confidence
- What essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage
- Feathering technique unique to CSSM for deep penetration of essential oils to aid in healing nervous, lymphatic, muscle and skeletal systems..
Class size small to ensure one on one attention .
Instructional professionally produced DVD available for purchase $50 so you have an excellent revision and refinement of techniques after completion of course.
2.2. Delivery and Materials
You will receive e -manuals with theory on contraindications of massage, benefits, lymphatic drainage and more.
On the course their will be an emphasis on practical massage receiving and giving the demonstrated techniques.
Facilitators will individually assist people with strokes and techniques.
Fun revision exercises for all massage sequences learnt as well as personal and spiritual development exercises.
Instructional Video is available for purchase at $50 for course participants as ongoing learning tool
16th -18th September
2nd -4th December
Day 1: Starts 10.00am finish between 5.30 and 6.00pm
Day 2: Start early morning and have breakfast here and finish between 5.30 and 6.00pm
Day 3: Start 8.00am and finish 4.30pm
The times are approximate and may varying from group to group.
I recommend you schedule these three days with no other activities but as a retreat time to nurture yourself.
Vegetarian Lunch is provided every day of course and breakfast one day
$698 earlybird price. Deposit paid one month before course.
Personalised one on one training $545 day
DVD instructional Video $50
- You will gain a Certificate of Attainment on completion of course
- This course is approved and entitles you to membership of MAA and IICT as well as Professional Liability Insurance, . Course is also approved for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points
Central Springs School of Massage, Castlemaine Daylesford area.
7. Enrolment and Payment
email for enrolment form firstname.lastname@example.org
Then enrolment form will be sent immediately to you to fill out
Places are only confirmed on receipt of $100 deposit and enrolment form filled out and returned
For more information can Email email@example.com or ph 0407645764
For more info re accommodation options Click here
This course is also available as Homestudy . Please click here Homestudy courses