Shirodhara is a classical ayurvedic treatment, in which warm oil is poured in a continuous stream across the forehead. Massage of the marma points on the head, neck, scalp and feet is also part of treatment. It’s a blissful, relaxing and rejuvenating therapy that leaves your skin glowing and eyes bright. It is part of Ayurvedic purification therapy to help eliminate disease causing toxins and replenish the tissues with nourishment and is known as the golden way to attain longevity. By stimulating the master gland, which controls many of our body systems, it brings the body into balance and good health. It quietens the mind and senses and helps bring about hormonal balance allowing the body’s healing mechanisms to release stress from the nervous system. Marma points on head and feet are taught as part of pre and post massage.
2. What you will learn
- How to do a shirodhara treatment
- How to pour medicinal warm oil on 3rd eye
- Benefits of shirodhara full treatment
- What equipment is needed and where to purchase it.
- Face, scalp neck and foot marma point massage.
- How to identify and locate the marma points
- Benefits and health properties of the individual marmas points
- What essential oils to add to enhance treatment and their specific qualities.
- The qualities and uses of ayurveda oils.
- A hot stone layout to ground the recipients doshas.
- Ayurveda principles and philosophy
- How to determine client’s dosha and treatment variations.
- Ayurveda history and theory
- Contra indications and Client confidentiality form.
- and much more……..
3. Course Details
Tuesday 20th February 2018 at Central Springs School of Massage
- 3 June at Central Springs School of Massage and Healing Retreats
Please let me know if dates don’t suit and we can negotiate other times by need .
$350 early bird deposit of $100 one month before course otherwise $395. Limited to 4 people.
One on one training is available $550 for the day
Shirodhara is taught over one day.
Kaye, your Shirodhara course was both fun and fascinating to learn, and so relaxing to receive…
I felt the effects of the treatment still slowly unfurling days after our session together. It was a treatment that just seemed to keep giving…
All the information you shared regarding oils (both carrier and essential) and their usage has been invaluable. I have already begun to put this into some of practice in my wellness clinic and my clients are loving it! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm with us. You have re ignited the passion for natural therapies within me!. Julie
Thank you so much for the wonderful couple of days spent in your company during training… (shirodhara) Your are such a wise soul and it is such a blessing to be bestowed with even a small amount of your knowledge and wisdom . Simone
For more info re accommodation options Click here
At the moment I have no equipment for sale recommendations below .
For brass pots and wooden stands and Ayurveda oils Contact Siby in Melbourne.
Can ring or email him with questions
Siby Kuriachan :Operations Manager
Mob:0422194830 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More sources for equipment provided on course