1. Student Course Review
Hi Kaye, its Sonja from Mildura. Just wanted to let you know that I am just loving doing the Indian Head massage. Everyone I have done it on has totally loved it. Thanks again for your great guidance. I cant wait to come back, Justin and I loved being in Guildford! Thanks again for a great experience.
Both options cover the same material and techniques.
1.1. Home study/Online/E -training
1.2. Personalized Tuition
2. About this course
An Indian head massage will energize your mind and allow tension to slip a way. This ancient technique has been practiced for over a thousand years in India, being passed down from generation to generation. It is both a therapeutic and beauty treatment with many wonderful benefits. Indian head massage can be given almost anywhere. The receiver remains fully clothed, seated in a chair or can sit cross legged on the ground. It involves using a sequence of moves such as energy balancing techniques, lymphatic drainage, acupressure points, stretching and general massage to the shoulders, neck, face and scalp. The techniques work on both the physical and ethereal body with over 60 movements.
Indian Head massage is so effective as it helps soothe and relax the nervous system while relieving joint and muscle stiffness. And of course it is very beneficial treatment for tension headaches and eyestrain. Also different strokes and pressure are used to stimulate the lymphatic and circulatory system. These are just a few of the therapeutic benefits of this technique.
Indian head massage is a beauty treatment as well. The secret of Indian women’s lustrous shining hair is the mixture of oils and the special blend of aroma therapy oils to relax or energize the person.(Oil on hair is optional of course). It also is like a mini facial minimizing fine lines and replenishing skin from within. Indian head massage works well with Shirodhara Massage as well.
A short treatment of 15 minutes can be given or for more profound results treatments can take up to an hour. It is a great technique that is easy to learn for the professional therapist or lay person wanting to treat friends and relatives.
A massage with many therapeutic benefits:
- Relax nervous system
- Relieve joint and muscle stiffness
- Helps tension headaches and eye strain
- Stimulate circulatory and lymphatic system
- Helps general stress and tension
- A beauty treatment for face and hair
- Oil blend for relaxation, stimulation and improve condition of hair.
3. What this course will teach you
- Ayurveda Indian head massage with treatment time from 15 minutes to an hour
- A massage where client remains fully clothed and in seated position
- Over 60 movements on the shoulders, neck, scalp and face
- General massage and stretching techniques
- Lymphatic drainage
- Acupressure points
- Energy balancing
- Oil Blends for hair and Scalp.
- Ayurveda properties and therapeutic value of vegetable oils
- Essential oils and their therapeutic and healing qualities
- What Essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage
- Feathering technique unique to CSSM for deep penetration of essential oils to aid in healing nervous, lymphatic, muscle and skeletal systems.
- Marma Points
- Ayurveda principles and philosophy
- Ayurveda Doshas and questionnaire
- Gemstone Therapy for Indian head massage
- Traditional and modern Ayurveda concepts and techniques
- A professionally produced DVD/video so your learning continues long after you have left the classroom
4. Who this course is for
- Lay person wanting to treat friends and relatives.
- Professional Massage Therapist wanting to learn further techniques.
- Therapist wanting to learn a seated massage for work and corporate settings.
- Beauty Therapist and Hairdressers wanting to learn new techniques.
- Anybody wanting a relaxing and healing time to be nurtured and cleansed by receiving and giving many massages.
- Course can be used as credits for continuing education.CPE points
- Therapist needing professional liability insurance.
5. Homestudy /Online
14 hours approved for CPE points with Massage associations and Approved to purchase Professional Liability insurance with the IICT.
5.2. Materials provided
- ·Indian Head Instructional DVD 1 hour by Kaye Dixon plus Companion E-Manual.
- Extensive PDF Ayurveda Theory and techniques manual.
- E-manual of assessment requirements·
5.3. What this Course covers
Draping, /Equipment needed.
History of Indian head massage.
Contra indications for Indian head massage./Client confidentiality form.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage.
Ayurveda principles and philosophy.
How to determine client’s dosha and treatment variations.
What base and essential oils to use on scalp and their therapeutic value.
What Essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage.
Feathering technique unique to CSSM for deep penetration of essential oils to aid in healing nervous, lymphatic, muscle and skeletal systems.
Marma points on face and feet.
Introduction to how to work with Intention and incorporate gemstones.
Written material and aids to memory recall for doing all of the 60 moves on shoulders, neck, face and scalp.
Different timings of massage.
5.4. Outline of course
Click here for Indian head outline for homestudy course ,showing you course syllabus and how it is set out and assessed.
$ 285 with MPV 4 link to download on computer
$285 plus $ 6.50 for express postage and $8.50 for CD
5.6. Enrollment and Payment
I am available via phone or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance during your course .
I am also very happy to answer any queries you may have regarding the course.
6. Personalized Tuition
We negotiate the time and day of studying to suit us both.One or 2 persons on course
6.1. Delivery and Materials
The course has a home study component and a practical component.
Before the course you will receive readingst covering the theory component of course.
The day of the course will be instructional demonstrations and practice . You will give and receive massage s and leave feeling rejuvenated and relaxed.
Before course all participants will receive:
- PDF course manual on the Theory and Principles of Ayurveda Indian Head Massage covering the following information:
- Ayurveda principles and philosophy,includes Doshas questionnaire.
- Qualities and properties of essential Oils and vegetable oils used.
- History, contra-indications, benefits, client forms and different timings for massage.
- E-manual with the practical moves and techniques of Indian Head Massage.
The day of the course opportunity to ask any questions regarding the theory .
- You will gain a Certificate of Attainment on completion of course for 16 hours .
- Course is approved for and entitles you for membership of Massage association and professional liability insurance
- Course is approved for CPE points by Massage Associations.
- Personalized tuition $450
- $50: Instructional Video for course participants as ongoing learning tool
to be negotiated with client and teacher.
- Click here to pay securely and quickly online on our shop page Then enrollment form will be sent immediately to you to fill out. Places are only confirmed on receipt of $100 deposit and enrollment form filled out and returned. To enrol in this course or for further information please send Kaye an email.
This is the first massage course I have attended, the sharing hands on approach was excellent. Kaye’s demonstration and explanation of all movements was easy to follow and apply. The country setting was most enjoyable and the friendly approach encouraged camaraderie amongst us. Nadia.
I loved the networking, hospitality, environment, the birds the frogs, the tank water. This was very relaxing and therapeutic as I was tired when I got here. The teaching of the techniques was very relaxed and interactive to all levels of experience and knowledge. Easy going and good pace. Excellent workshop. Jenny.
I wanted to thank you for delivering such a great course, it was wonderful to meet new people and learn the amazing techniques in the Traditional Indian Head Massage weekend.
For more testimonials go to http://kdmassagecourses.com.au/wp/testimonials/
For more info re accommodation options Click here
9. Other Ayurveda courses at CSSM
- Abhyanga Massage http://kdmassagecourses.com.au/wp/ayurveda-abhyanga-massage-2/
- Indian Head Massage
- Marma point face scalp neck and foot massage
- Ayurveda Spa Therapies -Shirodhara
10. To Purchase Ayurveda oils
Contact by phone and or email Siby Kuriacha Operations Manager
Mob:0422194830 Email: email@example.com