1. About this course
The teaching methods were excellent and very thorough and easy to understand .Great to meet new people,the atmosphere was warm and welcoming. Glad I found you on the net will definitely be back -Deborah
The Holistic Therapy of Reflexology has been used over the years to promote physical health and well being in many thousands of people from all walks of life. The roots of reflexology are ancient and it seems people in all areas of the world worked on feet to improve health. The first known recording of it was on a painting in ancient Egypt.
Reflexology treats all the organs of the body through the feet, but not only this – it clears blocked energy pathways throughout the body enabling organs and glands to function properly. By putting pressure on particular points in the foot, the supply of blood, as well as the functioning of the nervous system is improved.
Reflexology is believed to heal a number of illnesses ranging from back pain to migraine to sleep disorders. Some people with sports injuries believe that it helped them to recover quicker. Arthritis sufferers found it has eased their pain. Sinus sufferers maintain that it offers instant relief from congestion. It helps normalise blood pressure, restore hormonal imbalances and is beneficial for circulation, digestion, and respiratory problems.
Stress is now believed to be a major cause of physical illness so by reducing tension and improving blood and nerve supply, this alternative therapy contributes to better overall health for everyone.
2. What this course will teach you
Massage techniques to relax the foot, as well as thumb and finger techniques to work specific reflex areas on the foot that cause responses in corresponding parts of the body.
- Give you an understanding of the principles and practices of reflexology so you have an invaluable healing technique to use.
- You will be able to administer an effective and therapeutic one hour reflexology treatment.
- Relaxation massage techniques of the feet.
- Perform reflexology thumb and finger techniques.
- Identify and name reflexes of the feet according to the Ingham method of reflexology.
- Discuss contraindications/cautions in reflexology.
- How reflexology can be used in conjunction with other modalities or as a stand alone treatment.
- What Essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of reflexology.
- How to use and apply essential oils to spinal reflex.
3. Who this course is for
- It is a fantastic modality for the qualified massage and beauty therapist to expand their knowledge base giving them more therapeutic skills and another modality to draw on.
- The layperson who wants to treat family and friends .
- Health care professional wanting to incorporate Complimentary Therapies
4. Course Details
- You will gain a Certificate of Attainment on completion of course
- This course is approved for CPE Points by Massage associations
- The IICT provides membership and professional liability insurance
[ecs-list-events cat=’Foot Reflexology’ eventdetails=’true’ venue=’true’ message=
24th -25th February 2018
23rd 24th June 2018
This course runs approximately from 10 am – 4:30 pm on Day 1, and 9 am – 4 pm on Day 2.
$415 if pay $100 deposit 3 weeks before course otherwise $475
Instructional DVD $50
4.4. Delivery and Materials
Once deposit and enrolment form filled out you receive a e-manual to read before course with interesting reflexology theory and philosophy.
Class size small to ensure individual attention for all participants.
2 days practical learning with demonstrations and then practising and receiving of techniques.
Professionally produces and filmed Instructional Video is available for purchase $50 for course participants as ongoing learning tool .
If you are interested in Home study Course in Foot Reflexology please go to Home study page for more details and costs. Can gain CPE points and professional liability insurance for home study as well.
4.5. Enrolment and Payment
If you’d like to partake in a Foot Reflexology Course please contact Kaye 0407645764 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Places are only confirmed on receipt of $100 deposit and enrolment form filled out and returned
The workshop was wonderful and the way u related the reflexes to our own body made it so simple and clear. I enjoyed meeting and working with people of like minds. Excellent and looking forward to undertaking some further workshops here. Diana.
For more information can Email email@example.com or ph 0407645764
Please go to accommodation page and for more info re accommodation options contact Kaye
For more info re accommodation options Click here
This course is also available as Homestudy . Please click here Homestudy courses
7.1. Other options for study :
$545 for one day personalised course instruction. Can be combined with homestudy to enhance the one day of skill development Email CSSM for more details or phone 0407645764 to discuss your options and what you want to achieve from your studies.
We create flexible study plans to meet your needs