1. Student Course Review
I would just like to say a BIG thank you for such a great weekend, It was an experience I will never forget, the views the food and the new friends I have met through your course we’re amazing and I cannot wait to do another. I cannot stop telling people about the courses u provide and the passion you have for massage hope to see you again soon
2. About this Course
The KaHuna (healers) Lomi Lomi were masters of body manipulation and healing massage. They practiced their ancient art with a deep connection to nature, surrounded by ocean breezes, colorful sunsets and unpredictable volcanoes
Hawaii based Sherman Dudoit gave his blessing to train facilitators in the Heartworks Lomi Lomi method. Kaye Dixon undertook this intensive training so she can pass on this unique Hawaiian healing massage. This relaxing and Therapeutic massage includes long fluid rhythmic strokes over the whole body using the hands as instruments of the heart. Lomi combines deeply relaxing techniques with energy balancing and remedial deep tissue work.
You will be shown a number of different draping techniques so trust and safety is maintained for the differing needs of all clients and therapists. Modesty and professionalism is paramount and observed at all times.
The traditional Lomi Lomi massage healers connected with “spirit” and their touch communicated deep to the bones of the receiver. The use of prayer (Pule), breathe, (HA) energy (Mana) and intention in their massage work contributed to vibrant and healthy Hawaiian communities.
While Lomi Lomi is a massage it is also about reconnecting with spirit and it this combination that gives it such powerful potential for healing of each individual client. While it may be referred to as a spiritual massage the technique also has many practical and specific benefits .True Lomi Lomi also works on an emotional level and after a session the receiver often experiences freedom from worry, anxiety, fear and other negative thought patterns. The true purpose of Lomi Lomi is to bring balance and a sense of well being of body, mind and spirit.
“Lomi Lomi massage is a respite from the outside world; a sacred experience where the massage table becomes an altar and divinity touches humanity.” A Full Body Hawaiian Lomi Lomi massage is taught over three full days. Imagine being energized by the sun rays, connected to the heart of mother earth, cleansed and revitalized by the waves of the ocean, this is how you feel after three days of the Hawaiian Heartworks Lomi Lomi Course.
3. What you will learn
- Draping methods to maintain modesty for individuals needs.
- How to be respectful and professional for needs of every client.
- How to create a sacred and safe environment.
- How to work with ALOHA.
- Full body 1½ hour relaxation deep tissue massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Both soft and deep tissue work
- Long flowing strokes using a dance like rhythm
- How to unblock and clear energies in the body
- How to work from legs to prevent therapist injury
- How to work 2 body workers on 1 client
- New meditation techniques
- Heart breathe
- How to work with energy to prevent burnout
- How to enhance your own inner powers
- How to set and achieve goals
- The 7 principles of Huna philosophy
- How to use music as a healing tool
- What Essential oils to use to amplify and increase benefits of massage
- Feathering technique unique to CSSM for deep penetration of essential oils to aid in healing nervous, lymphatic, muscle and skeletal systems. .
Lemon grass has the same frequency as ligaments, Wintergreen as bones (and it’s warming), and Peppermint has the same frequency as nerves. It is the vibrational quality of these plant extracts -natures gift to human kind- that can support us on our healing journey to wholeness.
3.1. Benefits of this course
- Powerful new healing and massage skills
- Receive/give many nurturing treatments
- Cleanse and detox body
- Space to focus on self and re-balance mind, body, spirit
- Opening up of heart to express true self
- Gain energy and connection to higher self
- Gain personal empowerment and self awareness
- Course can be used as credits towards professional development if member of Massage Association. –CPE points
- Is Approved to join Massage Association Australia and IICT to gain insurance.
4. Who this course is for
- Anybody wanting a transformative time to relax, to give and receive many massages, to make new friends, and laugh. As well as connecting to nature the elements and your own inner Self.
- Massage Therapists and Beauty Therapists wanting to expand skill base and learn new and exciting techniques.
- Health care professional wanting to learn complimentary therapies.
5. Course Details
- You will gain a Certificate of Attainment on completion of course
- This course is approved and entitles you to membership of MAA and IICT as well as Professional Liability Insurance, . Course is also approved for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points
- 24 Mar, 2018—26 Mar, 2018 at Central Springs School of Massage and Healing Retreats
Day 1: Starts 10.00am finish between 5.30 and 6.00pm
Day 2: Start early morning and have breakfast here andfinish between 5.30 and 6.00pm
Day 3: Start 8.00am and finish 4.30pm
The times are approximate and may varying from group to group.
I recommend you schedule these three days with no other activities but as a retreat time to nurture yourself.
5.3. Delivery and Materials
On the course their will be an emphasis on practical massage receiving and giving the demonstrated techniques..
Fun revision exercises, as well as personal and spiritual development exercises.
Instructional Video is available for purchase at $50 for course participants as ongoing learning tool
You will be sent e manuals with theory on contraindications of massage, benefits, lymphatic drainage and Hawaiian philosophy .
Homestudy also available please Click here for
- $698 early bird special $100 deposit paid 1 month before course. Otherwise $748
- You can pay $100 deposit securely on line below
- Remainder of payment can be made on line below one week before course or you can bring cash on day.
- Personalised one on one instruction $545 per day
- Instructional DVD $50
6. Enrolment and Payment
Then enrolment form will be sent immediately to you to fill out
Places are only confirmed on receipt of $100 deposit and enrolment form filled out and returned .
My name is Tracey (lunasea ) I did the Hawaiian lomi lomi course with you a couple of years ago since then I’ve done hundreds of massages with clients more than happy when they leave with comments saying its the best massage they have ever had to people wanting to take me home, I’m now wanting to learn the hot stone massage…
Hi Kaye, I had such a wonder filled time during the lomi lomi I have had great feedback from my massages and for my regular clients who like their certain massages as creatures of habit, they also have noticed me doing something different. I love the flow of this massage and it adapts very well to my other modalities. I will look forward to doing another course with you soon.
For more information can Email email@example.com or ph 0407645764
Please click here accommodation page
Travel arrangements assisted Please click here contact page
This course is also available as Homestudy . Please click here Homestudy courses